Show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October by participating in a new cross stitch along with Fat Quarter Shop!
Take the plunge into this sew along to give breast cancer awareness the "full coverage" it needs. Throughout October, I'll share my weekly progress and favorite tips below.
Here's everything you need to join in on the fun!
Image: @fqxstitch on Instagram
Join the Stitch Along
1. Support the Cause
Interested in helping women at every step of their breast cancer journey?
Consider donating here to the National Breast Cancer Foundation by October 31, 2022. Fat Quarter Shop and pattern designer Lori Holt will each match up to $5,000 of the donations raised!
2. Download the Pattern
Click here to get the Support Group Cross Stitch Pattern.
Designed by Lori Holt, it's a sweet nod to how good undergarments are like good friends - we show up during hard times to uplift and support each other!
3. Grab Your Supplies
Click here to check out the recommended supplies, including:
- Cross Stitch Fabric (I'm using the Cloud 25ct Laguna Vintage Cross Stitch Cloth)
- DMC Embroidery Floss
- Special Edition Needle Minder
- Special Edition Floss Keeper
4. Share Your Progress
Post your progress to social media using hashtag #SupportGroupSAL and be sure to tag @fqxstitch, @itssewemma, and @beelori1 for a chance to be featured.
My Weekly Progress
Week 1 (October 5)
- As a best practice when cutting your fabric, leave at least 4" of extra space on each side.
- To get started stitching, fold your fabric into quarters. Unfold it, and then use the creases in your fabric to determine the true center point.
- Stitch your pattern "over two threads" (if stitching on the 25ct recommended cloth). Make sure to account for this before starting!
- Thread your needle with two strands of embroidery floss (if stitching on the 25ct recommended cloth). If you're using a different fabric, refer to the additional instructions inside your pattern file.
- While using an embroidery hoop is optional, I find it easier to use one. However, note that it will leave creases in your fabric you'll have to iron or steam out later.
Weeks 2 & 3 (October 12 & 19)
...and here's the finished project! What do you think? Be sure to share your completed cross stitch design using #SupportGroupSAL.
*Thanks for reading about this stitch along! I participate in affiliate programs and may earn a share of revenue from your purchase.
I found you on tiktok and this cause is near and dear to me! Thank you for sharing!!❤️